passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, February 8, 2013

Toronto Sports Tidbits

There are a ot of random sports thoughts going through my brain....therefore I must share.

  • Phil Kessel scored last night his first goal of this young season. The fact that he had not scored before that has been one of the biggest stories for two weeks....and that is why I mentioned it. NOT because I care, because I DON'T. Why do I mention it? I am glad you asked....because I am about to tell you. The media talked about it every day...actually every hour of every day. Why? I would be concerned if he was not skating hard, and he was not getting opportunities....but he is. Plus he is getting assists. He is contributing. Absolutely we need him to score. I agree. But, the only way to score is to skate hard and take shots...he is doing that. So....Toronto Media Types>>>>>>Stop talking about it. Please. (i feel better)

Phil Kessel

  • Rudy Gay got traded to the Toronto Raptors from Memphis. Jose Calderon and Ed Davis have now left Toronto. I liked Jose and Ed both. I thought they were solid players. I really like Rudy Gay. He brings a slightly different dynamic to the young Raptors squad. He Has a slightly different presence. I get the feeling when he shoots, it will go in. That might sound kind of funny, but for the true Raptor fans, you know what I mean, up until now, when one of the Raps put it up, I do tend to hold my breath that it will go in....not really a great feeling. Now Rudy has been here for 3 games now, and we already lost 2 close games (again). So that kind of hurts.....but I have hope that this group will turn it around. I don't have any silly notions that they will make the playoffs...but I really think they are a much better team than their record shows. Just my opinion.
                                                        Rudy Gay

  • The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club are sitting in first place overall in the NLL with a record of 5 wins against 1 loss. The only loss is a game I was at and the Rock let it get away...they could easily be 6 and 0. They are getting solid goaltending from Nick Rose who has a goals against average of 9.76 (leading the league)...and stellar play from journeyman Garrett Billings who is leading the Rock in scoring with 9 gaols and 27 assists (2nd in league scoring) and Captain Colin Doyle with 31 points (8 gaols and 23 assists). (3rd in league scoring.)
Hmmm...let me see. The Rock are in first. There two top scorers are Number 1 and Number 2 in the League in assists. This team is sharing the ball, getting a lot of guys involved. **note** Toronto media types see bullet point 1. Phil Kessel has not been scoring...but he is producing. (so relax)

                                                    Garrett Billings


  • The Toronto Blue Jays. World Series.....? I am thinking yes.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your sports blog post. If anyone is thinking of getting into sports then I recommend ccs center city sports for you all sporting needs.

    ReplyDelete