passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Interesting Sports News

Sports, both pro and amateur, never cease to amaze me...and intrigue me...surprise me, and even shock me. Sometimes I like to talk about the odd ball thing that peak my interest. Here is this weeks installment.

  1. Tiger Woods won a golf tournament on the weekend past. The media frenzy was disturbing to me to say the least. The "media/Tiger" love affair is back. He is back. He birdied the last two holes on Sunday and won. Wow ! Amazing.     NOT!!!!                                                                                                             -   Give me a Break!!! I mean really. What is the big deal? Do you realize that most golf tournaments during the year have 120 to 140 golfers in a full field. This past weekend in the big Tourney that Tiger won...there was a grand total of 18 golfers. 18 GOLFERS!! That's it!. Yes the field was strong, but only 18 guys? Settle down a bit. Let's see what 2012 brings...and a full field. Then we can talk.
  2. The NBA is back. They start playing on December 25th. (that date rings a bell somehow) - oh, btw does Toronto still have a team? (ouch!)
  3. For a fantastic holiday sporting event...don't forget the World Junior Hockey starts on December 26th....great tournament.
  4. Lindsey Vonn won her fourth World Cup Ski race today (in a row) - impressive stuff.                  
         
                                  

           5. It is December 7th and Phil Kessel is still the leading point getter in the NHL.
   
I am just sayin' (again)

On a personal note...I am not the biggest Ron Wilson and Brian Burke fan, and I don't normally defend them....but....the Toronto media is out of hand. It is time to give it a rest. Please.

  6. Sidney Crosby is sitting out two games....fingers crossed.

That is my update for the week...and it is only Wednesday.

talk to you soon.
  


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment