passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mid Season Sports Update

It is NHL All Star weekend in Ottawa this weekend, kind of my unofficial mid-season of the winter sports. I thought I would compile some highlights and low lights thus far from different sports.


Low-Lights.

  • Sarah Burke - A sad day for Canada.

  • Sidney Crosby - This one really bugs me. I hope he gets back to the game. I miss him.
  • Alex Ovechkin - "Shame on You" - You are a millionaire who is not playing well this year, and the fact that you skipped the allstar game, basically is a slap in the face to your fans.
  • The Toronto Raptors  6 wins and 14 losses. - And now Bargnani is hurt. Tough to get excited.

  • The LA Lakers. They are in eighth place - Kobe lost 3 mansions in his divorce. I am just Lakered out I guess.
  • No New Orleans or Green Bay in SuperBowl - Who would have picked that?
  • NHL All Star weekend - having an issue with it. Don't like the draft, not a big fan of the skills competition....maybe its me.
Enough of that. I like the good stuff.

High-Lights

  • Canadian Women's Soccer - Going to the 2012 Olympics in London. They will play the powerhouse from the USA in final of the qualifying tournament.

  •  New England and New York Giants in the Super Bowl - should be a good one.
  • Toronto Maple Leafs (ok, I realize that might be a bit of a reach for some)
  • CLax Lacrosse - More Lacrosse is always good.
  • Blake Griffin of the LA Clippers. Have you seen this kid??


My last item is a "little" out of the sporting world (I guess). When I started my website www.passitonsports.ca the idea was to ask people to share their "feel good" sports stories and to show gratitude to someone that has helped you along the way.

Patti's daughter and my friend Tristen is a lacrosse player. As a matter of fact she plays lacrosse for the UOIT Ridgebacks in the Ontario University Women's Lacrosse League.

She is also a nursing student (3rd year) at UOIT...and coaches lacrosse in the summer. A busy girl. But somehow busy people find time....that is a fact......to do more. This weekend Tristen decided to cut her beautiful long hair and donate it to a company that make wigs for cancer patients.




     
     
    It may not be a sports story, but it sure is a "feel good" story.
     
    For more information on this hair donation program go to the cancer website
     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment