passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kobe Bryant - now what?

The Los Angeles Lakers have had a whirlwind season.......they made a lot of moves for some big guns in the off season.......

Their lineup is phenomenal .....on paper.

Check out these names.......

Kobe (nuff said)  -  Metta World Peace (don't ask) - Steve (Captain Canada) Nash - Pau Gasol and last but not last Dwight (Superman) Howard.

This lineup is unstoppable.....the next Miami Heat.....how could they lose?

Well, most of you know what happened....the chemistry experiment didn't work...and the "Lake" Show was losing....a lot. They could not string any wins together....and up to about a week ago...they were not even in the playoff picture.

They have clawed their way back to the 8th and final playoff spot....at a paltry 34 wins and 32 losses.

I guess they have figured out something....not sure what. But.....and this is a BIG BUT.....last night....love him or hate him....the incomparable Kobe Bryant went down with a bad ankle sprain. "they" say he is out indefinitely. (whoever they are) - but they said it......Kobe is out.

                                          hmmmm.....now what?

Now....here is the reason for my blog tonight. I have always wanted to conduct the "Kobe Affect Experiment". I wanted to see how the Lakers would perform without their superstar.....MVP.....Mr. World Championship....Kobe. I have thought about it a lot.....I wanted to see it.....and it has happened. The Lakers are Kobeless.....and it might be my fault. Now, don't take this the wrong way....I have nothing against Kobe personally (i don't think).....or do I?

The point here is....I love team over the Superstar.....I always have. I think the team will reign supreme if given the opportunity to be a "team". Team Sport....team "anything" is amazing to watch. When the "team" plays as one....it is flat out fun too watch.

Now the problem with my little experiment is that their are still a lot of "Stars" on this team...so that in of itself will be interesting.

Here is how I would run the show....if I was asked.

Turn the Ball over to Steve Nash now. Make this the Steve Nash team....because simply, the 2 time MVP Nash does one thing very very well. He makes everybody else better....and he can still do it here.

Give Steve the Ball. I am going to make a note here. It is March 14...the Lakers are 34 and 32.
 Let's see what happens with the "Kobe Affect Experiment".

                                                     Steve Nash.

1 comment:

  1. This could be a big problem, if it's a Heat vs. Lakers final i will have a cheer for the Lakers
    if they don't have Kobe

    ReplyDelete