passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spring is in the Air?

It has been a long winter. At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I have had enough...so I am declaring today "Spring is Close Day".

Actually, if you look at your calendar, you will notice March 21 (Spring) is only about 5 weeks away.

There are more signs of spring though.

The Olympics are here, and I love it. When the Olympics are over, there is only 4 weeks until spring. There are so many great events at the Winter Olympics, I am sure you all have your favorites, and Canada has started out with a bang too.

Justine Dufour-Lapointe won a gold medal for Canada, and if that was not amazing, her sister Chloe won the silver. Way to go!!


                                                     Chloe (left) and Justine Dufour-Lapointe

The events are just getting going, but there is a lot of great sports to come. My favorites are the short track speed skating and the bobsledding and luge events...and the skiing...and the hockey - you get the idea, I love the Games. I would love to see the Double Gold from Women's and Men's Ice Hockey. Btw, have you actually looked at Team Canada's Mens Hockey Team?
OMG would sum it up. Very Strong.

There are more signs of spring too. Did you know that there are some Spring Training Baseball games at the end of this month. That is a great sign of spring.

The Toronto Maple leafs have played 60 games....that means only 24 games left until the NHL Playoffs....are you starting to feel that Spring is in the Air now?
Of Course, I don't want to jinx things....but, imagine if you will, the Maple Leafs, The Toronto Raptors and The Toronto Rock, all in the playoffs in the same Spring. Could happen, Bring it On!!

For me, MOB Lacrosse Commissioner, it is time to get my emails out for registration for Master's Lacrosse - season starts in April - that is in two months....it is coming fast.


Last Years Champs - RED HEAT


However, there is one big focus for this spring for me...and about 20 others. We are preparing for the World Lacrosse Championships in Denver, where we will be playing in the Grand Masters Division. It will be an exciting event, and there is a lot of work to do before we get there.

The weeks leading up to the World Championships I will be featuring the players that make up our team, with some bio's and pictures on this blog.

I also have a guest blogger that will be sharing his inspirational story leading up to Denver. More on that very soon.

It is an exciting tme.

Spring is here. Spring is here.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to be back from my 6 Month to 1 Year Suspension. I will try very hard to toe the Commissioner/Emperor's line.

    Ollie

    ReplyDelete