passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why Pass It On?

Why pass it on? It is better to give than to receive. I am sure you have heard that saying before. How true is it? http://www.sharpbrains.com/blog/2006/12/23/tis-better-to-give-than-to-receive/
Think about it for a minute. What gives you the best feeling? Only you can answer this. 
I can tell you this for sure. When I was a kid, I took the GO train down to Toronto with my buddies. We would go shopping at the TD shopping centre for Christmas presents. I would have my own money that I earned from my paper route, and I would have my parents, 4 brothers and my sister to buy for. We spent the day down there, I would get it all done, get home, get it wrapped, and under the tree.
 I always loved Christmas. I loved getting presents, sometimes I would get up so early that “Santa” had not even finished his drink.....ahem....I mean had not even come down the chimney yet.....and as excited as I was to get “stuff”, I could hardly wait to see everybody open my gifts. I wanted to see their face, I wanted everybody to be happy, I wanted them to know, (aside from all the fighting) that I actually cared, and this was an easy way to show them. In retrospect, my gifts were never that great, but at the time, I thought they were, and that made me feel good about myself. It made my family happy, but it made me happier. It turns out, giving is better then receiving. It is the right thing to do. 
There is a funny thing that happens when you get older. You learn things. You get wiser (usually).  I cannot speak for everyone, but for me, I need to thank certain people in my life. I need to show people that I am grateful for what i have. And grateful I am. I wake up every day, and think, wow, i am so lucky. And I need to pass it on. This website is about sports, but it is about so much more.
I challenge all of you to think about what you are grateful for, and take some time to thank those people that made it possible. Think of ways that you can Pass It On. 

No comments:

Post a Comment