passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Masters.

+

















Augusta National Golf Course, Georgia, home of the Masters Golf Tournament this week.

It is the official start of the golf season for me. I love the Masters, and I always have. I can remember my Dad getting so excited when I was a kid as this golf tournament would near. I too got caught up in the beauty of the game. It was different, something about The Masters that made it special. Sunday was a special day for my Dad, and I loved how he became mesmerized, from the moment he got up on Sunday, ready to see who would conquer the course.

This year is no difference, as a matter of fact this year has an incredible feel. There is something about this field that makes this weeks event look like it could be amazing.

A quick look at some players to watch.

Tiger Woods.
















This guy simply has to be feared at the Masters. He has won 4 times here, and although his last 18 months have been difficult, he is just coming off a victory in his last event. He seems to have his focus back and
Tiger + Focus + Masters = Victory.   Watch out for the Tiger.

Luke Donald - The World Number 1.

Luke is flying under the radar right now, which is kind of funny, since he is the Number one ranked player in the World......has not done too much lately...but, watch out.

Rory McIlroy


Rory is the "young gun" from Ireland. He is fearless, cocky and loaded with talent. He is playing great right now. Watch out for this young man.

Hunter Mahan












Hunter might be one of the hottest golfers on the tour right this minute. He had already won twice this year and looks really solid. Do not over look this guy to win the Masters in 2012.


Mike Weir













My sentimental favorite. He won this event in 2003. It was incredibly exciting for me. He is not playing well right now. Injuries etc. have taken Mike off the radar completely. This tournament might be what he needs to revive his career. My prediction is Mike will make the cut this year. I hope so.


Take some time this weekend (Thursday - Sunday) to soak it all in. The Masters. It just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment