passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, May 28, 2012

Lacrosse/Golf (lessons to be learned)

I had a great weekend - thanks for asking.....finished up in Scarborough on Sunday to watch some Women's Field Lacrosse.....great competition.....the highlight of the day.......we watched the Owen Sound Senior Girls lose to the Mississauga Trilliums 6 - 2...a tough game.....but the cool thing???? On the next field the U-15 Owen Sound Girls just defeated the Kawartha Girls.....both games ended roughly the same time.....the Owen Sound Senior girls after shaking hands in defeat, rushed over to high five the U15 girls in victory.....it was a fantastic "feel good" story....and one of the many things that makes this great game great. Hats off to Owen Sound Senior (and U15) girls. Classy bunch.

Ollie Golf
Now as for my Saturday. I have decided to step up my golf game. Never in all my (many) years have I ever bought a new set of golf clubs.....always hand me downs, and I always appreciated that. However, I decided to change that. I made a visit to my good friend Ollie Cavers who owns and operates a Discount Golf store called Ollie Golf. He has great deals on everything to do with golf, and on this day, assessed me, my game and my clubs....and at the end of the day, made me a new set of clubs. Custom made for Mike........think about it Nike.....sounds like Mike....could be on to something.











Ollie is very knowledgeable in not only how to make you your own custom set of clubs, but he really knows the game of golf itself, and can give you a lot of great tips on your game. I learned so much this day. It is so important to have a set of clubs that fit you....your strength, height, swing speed etc, is all so important.
With a few tests using his state of the art equipment, he can figure out the proper clubs to suit your game.....and at a very reasonable price.




After figuring out my correct club size and flex of the shaft, Ollie bent my clubs to fit ME, and me alone......and we put tape on the head of the club to see where I hit it on 5 consecutive shots.




I can hardly wait to pick up my new clubs and give them a try. I did video the whole experience and will give you a link to that when we have it ready to go. It is really interesting stuff.

To my friends and opponents in the upcoming OJ Detective agency Green Jacket Invitational Golf Tournament.....Beware. I am back!





Thanks Ollie for a great "lesson".

Ollie Golf is located at 465 Bayly St. W. (corner of Westney Rd off the 401) Ajax Ontario L1S 6M7 (905) 683-0087. Give Ollie a call, and tell him Mike from Passitonsports.ca sent you.
See you on the fairways.

No comments:

Post a Comment