passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, May 11, 2012

Saturday Night Playoffs (and Mom's Day)

Sports on a Saturday night is like Mom's roast beef dinner on a Sunday night with apple pie and ice cream.

Just feels right!

And this Saturday is a good one.

NHL

Game 7 - Washington Capitals go into the Big Apple to take on the powerful New York Rangers. Nobody expected this to go to seven games, and the Rangers are definitely on their heels....as Washington was 7 seconds away from already winning this series. I find I am quite interested in this game, as the whole Alex Ovechkin story is a compelling one. Here is a superstar, who has not had a great season, has had his minutes/game cut back, but I feel he is somewhat buying into the"team" concept, and I for one, am loving it. If Washington wins this game, I personally shall tip my hat to Coach Dale Hunter....even if they lose, he has done a great job.


                  Coach Hunter - Big Game 7


NBA

Game 7 - Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers (in Los Angeles)

A big game for LA. They lose, and I think the rebuild is officially on. Nobody gave the Nuggets much of a chance, but they have been tenacious, fighting back, and look really strong going into Saturdays game. I am not sure how many Laker fans are out there, but I am cheering for Denver for 2 reasons. 1/ I don't like the Lakers (shallow, but true) 2/ My sister and the rest of the Ross family live in Denver and are big fans (say no more) Go Nuggets!


Denver Nuggets - Big Game 7


NLL

And then there were four.

Saturday is Lacrosse Night.

All year the NLL has been the "poster child" for parity. The two best teams, Colorado and Calgary are gone. It is really anybody's game. Anyone can win.

In the west the Edmonton Rush are playing the Minnesota Swarm in one semi-final.....(i am cheering for the Rush for sure, love their tenacity) - but they are in tough against a talented Swarm team.

The big game in my area of course, is last years defending champs The Toronto Rock hosting the Knighthawks from Rochester. This is a long standing rivalry, and promises to be another tough battle down at the ACC in Toronto. I think the Toronto Rock will be really tough to beat, they have been here before, play tough under adversity, should be exciting.


Enjoy your Saturday everybody!!
As for Sunday.

Happy Mothers Day - This is a great chance to treat your Mom. Remember all the times she drove you to your games, your practices....and everything else? Be grateful and treat your Mom to something special.

As for my Mom, she is doing wonderfully.....Happy Mother's Day Mom - I love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment