passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, July 20, 2012

Colorado - Sad Story.

Life can hit you right between the eyes some days.

I woke up this morning, and heard of the horrible shooting in Colorado. 12 dead - 50 wounded last i heard.


I have family there.

My sister Laura, her husband Greg and their beautiful kids Jamey, Lindsay, Olivia and Jackson live not far from there. All of these people are dynamic, smart, witty and flat out fun to be with, and have a million ties through the community with friends, involving sports etc.

I felt sick in my stomach when I heard the news.....and of course (being a McMillan) - began to worry.

My sister is a Nurse, and she sent us this email.

Good morning,

Just to let you know -our family is all fine. The shooting happened in a mall right by the hospital where I work. The disaster relief plan is an action...on stand by right now to be called in.The area is well known for crime .....a place we never go to but certainly drive by on the way to work, hockey etc.
We all will try to go and donate blood or help out in any way possible.
Love to all of you - and let those around you know you love them too.

Laura  oxox

Ok - so I can breathe again. It has been a tough week in Toronto......and this shooting in Colorado is just another horrible tragedy. I feel for all the families involved......it affected me.....and I don't even live there.

I am going to Owen Sound this weekend, to spend time with family and friends.....I am thankful....and rather than spend time talking about the senselessness of these things....I think I am just going to enjoy their company. You have a great weekend too.

Give somebody a hug.....pass it on.

2 comments:

  1. Yes what a senseless tragic turn of events. The shooter was 24 yrs old with no prior history. I guess he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame. What a waste. The count for the death toll is up to 15 now I believe but that is inconsequential. Very glad your sister and her family are all ok. Being a nurse she likely saw the devastation first hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is strange and a little scary
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/20/batman-shooting-victim-just-missed-eaton-centre-gunfire

    ReplyDelete