passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Am Canadian!!!

It is great to love your country. We all do. Different things get us excited, make us feel proud...and this time of year is just an easy time for me to love Canada.

The Canadian Open

I am a big golf fan and have enjoyed the PGA and European Tour this year, lots of different winners, young guns and veterans stepping up. Names like Bubba, Tiger and Hunter, Jason, Zach and Matt....and of course "the big easy" Ernie, fresh off an Open Championship....all these guys have had great years thus far.
The 2012 Canadian Open takes place at The Hamilton Golf Club...which is walking distance from my friends place in Ancaster. A spectacular tree lined "old school" golf course that seems to be a favorite of some of the best players in the world. This year for example, some of the names you will see.....are....Jim Furyk, Vijay Singh, Retief Gossen, Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Sean O'Hair, and Ernie Els....and many more top golfers along with a great Canadian group including David Hearn, Graham Delaet, Stephen Ames....and my favorite (still) -Mike Weir, and many more.

Watch these guys this weekend, or better yet...try to get a ticket and go to the course. Last time they were in Ancaster, I went....and it was amazing.

                                                     Mike Weir (having a very tough year)


2012 Olympic Games

We are 2 days away from the London Olympic Games.

I absolutely love the Olympics.....I love the events, the drama, the sportsmanship and of course the athletes. The summer Olympics have a lot of different sports, and I have a few favorites.

I enjoy the Cycling, Diving, Rowing and even the Weightlifting.
The 100 m and 200 m running is fantastic theatre. I can't wait.




The Triathlon is also a sport that I enjoy....it is a gruelling test of an athlete and very exciting to watch, especially at the end.

The Canadians have a strong team going to London....and I will be cheering them on.

There is one sport missing however. Lacrosse. Where is Lacrosse? They were there in 1908. Hmmm.
                                       1908 Canadian Men's Lacrosse team (London Olympics)


I will be back to talk more Olympics over the next few weeks.

Canadian Lacrosse

And the last bit of Canadiana....Next Wednesday Aug 1st, yours truly and the rest of the (old) Lacrosse guys will make our trip to Lake Placid to represent Canada in the Grand Masters Field Lacrosse Tournament In Lake Placid.

The Lake Placid LAX Classic is an amazing event. Well organized...well attended and a beautiful back drop to play lacrosse. I can hardly wait.

                                        We are ready to play Lacrosse.

No comments:

Post a Comment