passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Sunday, April 21, 2013

MOB Lacrosse - All about Family.

Last Wednesday night was the season opener of MOB Lacrosse. This is the eighth year of the MOB and it promises to be better than ever.

Lacrosse has always been a family game. It is what I love about it. Whether it is going to tournaments to watch your kids play, or the kids coming to watch you play, or the kids waving their shirts over their heads at a Rock game...Lacrosse is a fantastic sport, that always believes in family.

Just to give you an example of the family in the MOB....Just look at our Black Storm team. We have the Pilon boys......3 of them....we have Brad and Cort Sanderson, two brothers that I have had the honour of playing with my whole life....and also their nephew John plays on our team. Cort's daughters and mine also do the scorekeeping.

                                          Erin Mc and Jordan and Samatha Sanderson
                                                      (our MOB scorekeepers)

Also on our team is my big brother Don....and Patti's daughter Tristen is also playing.

                                        Tristen and I.....getting ready for Game one.

It is all this that make MOB so special....there are Father and sons playing together, brothers....Uncles and nephews...and on and on. It puts us suddenly all on the same level....for one hour on a Wednesday night...we are teammates...equal in every way....and I for one think it is really special.

My Mom and Mrs. Walker come out to watch. I joked about it on Wednesday. Styxie scored a goal, and Phyllis cheered. I said to someone on the bench that his Mom has been cheering on her son for 57 years now. My Mom was there too....I said...my Mom has "only" been watching me for 50 years. Ha. Now that is kind of funny.

If you look up....way up there is Mrs. McMillan and Phyllis Walker (SuperFans)


Everybody chips in. Patti helped me with the registration and handing out the Jerseys....Brad Campbell, a MOB Veteran that can't play this year showed up to help out too. And that is what MOB Lacrosse is about.....when we had tourneys, people just chip in....wives, girlfriends, my daughter Aimee, Bob Simpson's daughter Kira....and on and on....it is family. We are family.

Our Black Storm team got smoked last week.  12 - 4. We were terrible. I left the floor with a big smile.....this night was Extra Special for me. This was the first actual sporting event I have done since my heart attack last August. It has been a long few months....but it felt good.

 I don't know if I ever shared with you the story....from the time the heart attack took place....to the hospital. I have replayed it in my head numerous times....and there are some unbelievable....really incredible things that happened that night, some of it scary, and some of it kind of funny...and I want you to hear the story....look for that blog...in a couple of days.


                                

1 comment:

  1. Back on the floor! Way to go Mike!

    Boardie

    ReplyDelete