passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Proud Father

There are so many things I am grateful for.

Today it the start of the May long weekend, the weather is beautiful, and I am feeling great.
But it is a different reason today that makes me smile.

25 years ago today my son was born. Wow!! Michael Stuart McMillan is 25 years old.

He was born in beautiful Owen Sound, Ontario....and to think of all what has happened in my life...in my families life since then is absolutely amazing.

Where does the time go? - Don't answer that...that is a different blog altogether.

Stu is quite a guy. He is living in Thunder Bay, Ontario working for Zimmer Inc. He has always been a hard working guy and has always walked around with an incredibly positive outlook on life. Always a smile, always a good thing to say about people.

There are so many ways that we judge people. We judge them on what they do for a living....where they live, how much money they make.....what kind of car do they drive. We all have our own way of determining what we "think" of someone.

With Stuart it is very simple. He is one of those people that makes you feel important when you are around him. He never looks past you....he looks at you. He makes you feel special, like you are the only person in the room. It is that type of quality that is rare...and when you are a part of it, it is flat out infectious.

I could not be prouder to call Stuart my son, and one of my best friends.

Oh, and btw...if you are feeling a bit down, Stu gives probably the best hugs on the planet.

Happy Birthday Stu. I love you. See you next week.

  
Me and Stu in TBay.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Mike....as a friend of your son...I can agree with all you say.....You have to be proud!!
    Dan Dorion

    ReplyDelete