passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, November 14, 2011

Golf is not Over

I am sure most of you know of The Ryder's Cup. A golf team event where the best golfers in the USA takes on the best golfers in Europe in a team format golf tournament. I love it.


 This week it is The President's Cup.



The President's Cup is happening this week in Australia at  The Royal Melbourne Golf Club. This is again the greatest golfers from the USA, this time competing against the best International Players in the world. The way this works is the top 10 golfers automatically qualify by points, based on their performance throughout the year and then the Captain's can pick two more players each to give them each 12 players.

The Captain for Team USA is Freddie (Boom Boom) Couples, one of my favorite golfers, a player that I think could easily be playing in this weeks matches and do well, but this time he is the leader.

Team International is being Captained by the incomparable Greg Norman, another of my favorite golfers.

Now for the teams.






I am not about to analyze these two teams, and tell you will win...but I will say this. There are a lot of really solid golfers in this group and I think this could be an incredible event to watch....and the good news is....wait for it.....You can watch it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Prime Time. Does TV get any better than that? I have not even told Patti about this television viewing opportunity yet, but I am sure she will agree....this is going to be a great event.

For more on the format and times follow along on the PGA website.

p.s. I pick The Internationals to win.




2 comments:

  1. It's great to see so many Aussie's in the international team.

    I have to agree The internationals will be my pick for this. I am an Aussie so slightly biased though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Nice Post..:-)
    Thanks for sharing this post.i did enjoyed visiting here and did get some good points from here. i would like visiting here again in future too for more information. it would be nice if you can share some information related to Golf Trips here in your future posts..

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete