passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lest We Forget!

There is so much going on in the world...it has me perplexed. I understand some of it, I sort of understand some more of it, and then there are the things that I just don't get.

Let's start in reverse order.

Things I just don't get.
  • occupyers (is that even a word?) I am not sure I get their point. Yes I too wish I was in the 99th% of wealth, but alas, I am not. I work hard, really hard, and my mind is always open to new ideas and opportunities, always hoping to sometime have it all. It has never once occurred to me to go to a city park and plop down a tent. I don't know why they are still there, they made some valid points...(I guess)....but it is time to leave.
  • poppy box stealer's. - really, stealing poppy boxes?...hard to fathom for most....weird thing is, the cameras in stores these days are really getting a lot clearer....I just don't get why people don't know that.
  • student rioters in State College,P.A. - if you are a Paterno fan, fine, but for students to violently protest the firing of a man who knew of a really pathetic deprived situation, and he said nothing about it? -Why are you protesting? I don't get that.
Thing I sort of get.
  • I understand why Sidney Crosby and James Reimer are not playing. Sort of. I mean Sidney to a couple of nasty shots to the head and suffering from a concussion...but what is really going on? I want Sidney back, the NHL needs him. When will he be back?
  • James Reimer? Weird, took a shot to the noggin, and that's it has not been back. Nobody is saying what is wrong. "upper body injury".Not even his Mom seems to know what is going on. Now that is secrecy. It is only hockey guys...just tell us, what is wrong?
Things I totally understand.
  • This is November. However, for some people it is Movember...which for those of you that don't know is a fundraising project. Men who participate shave on the 1st day of Movember and for the rest of the month work on their moustaches, all the while raising vital funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer. My Dad had prostrate cancer along with Alzheimer's when he passed away. My brother Steve and my son Stuart are both participating, they are on Team ZimMo Canada. If you wish to have a look at their 'stache and even donate to the cause got the the Movember Website and search out their team.
  • Remembrance Day. November 11, 2011. Take a moment to remember the men and women that gave their lives so that we can live ours, with freedom and dignity. Thank You so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment