passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Great Olympic Day and (i need to get in shape)

Day 12 of the Olympics and Canada has done well.  I am a big fan of the sports on the water....and living in Burlington, was happy to see today's results.

Adam van Koeverden won a silver medal in the Men's 1000 m Kayak singles. Adam is in his 3rd Olympics which in itself is a great accomplishment. I saw the race and Adam is known for his quick starts, and today did not disappoint, but his Norwegian competitor was tough, and won the race in the end. Great job Adam.


Adam van Koeverden


Mark Oldershaw came from behind in exciting fashion to win a bronze in the Men's Canoe Singles 1000m.
An amazing effort - True Grit!

                                                              Mark Oldershaw


On the mat, Carol Huyng won another bronze for Canada in wrestling. Although Carol won Gold in 2008...she still came into this Olympics as a bit of an underdog. Bronze is an awesome result.



                                                                      Carol Huyng

Congratulations to all of our athletes!! I am proud.

....and now for something completely different.

I knew after my recent trip to Lake Placid that I was not in the greatest condition of my life, but I saw an interesting website on sympatico today that upset me a little, and leads me to think...I better start trying harder.

What you do is, you enter your height and weight into the open fields and the computer shows you the Olympic Athletes that you have the same type of body as.

The computer picked 2 for me.

Daniel Brata is a Romanian Judo Athlete.

                                                                   does this look like me?

The second look alike (body wise) is Elisa Casanova.....a female Water polo player from Italy.

                                                        ....see any resemblance?


I am going running tonight.


If you want to try...here is the www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

No comments:

Post a Comment