passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, August 3, 2012

Lake Placid - RealityCheck!

Today we played the top ranked team in the tournament. Just like ripping off a band aid, I have to just say it.

We lost 15 - 3. We got spanked. It was not pretty.

I don't want to take anything away from Team Denison. They play together all year, they play in a million games. They have plays even....imagine that.

They were the better team for sure, and deserved the win......but............

We played horribly. Maybe one of the worst efforts I have ever seen. Might sound dramatic, but it was not fun to watch. Dropped pass, after dropped pass. Terrible passing....nobody catching the ball....when you play lacrosse as long as we have, it just makes no sense. It is frustrating, and the thing is (in my opinion) I don't think any one on our team can say they were really happy about their own effort. I don't want to speak for them, so I will speak for myself. I was not happy with my effort.

I do want to give a pat on the back to Brad Hozack who took a nasty (dirty) hit to the head, and Scott Aird, who also took a cheap shot.

It was  a game to forget....and forget it I will. I wanted to do my blog, and then move on.

Some of the boys in warm up (we were still tied at this point)

We were on defence a lot.



But,one thing about lacrosse....after the game, you move on.

Tippy Tailgaiting.

I have said this before. A great group of guys, a beautiful place. Losing is not fun. But, I am ok now.


No comments:

Post a Comment