passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Things Bugging me this very Minute.

I listen to the radio....sometimes talk radio.....sometimes Rock....Blues....etc. Whatever my mood brings. Sometimes I feel like talk radio...until I hear the guys talking and the callers calling...and my mood gets changed for me...and I hit the button. I hate that......but I understand it. People have opinions...and want to share them. I have opinions...and I am sharing them, and if people don't like them, they stop reading....or ignore it...or even worse, give me a nasty comment back....and so it goes.....

My point here, is there is a lot of "talk" on the radio right now. What are they talking about? Stuff that really bugs me. A lot.

For example.

Bugging me Number 1!
NHL LockOut?

The NHL Players/Owners battle. Pardon my language here.....but....OMFG. Really? Have you clowns nothing better to do. Greedy.....nasty....ridiculous arguments.  If you disagree....fine. Bring it on. I realize that sometimes people need to negotiate to get a fair deal....but I  just have a hard time understanding it when both sides are millionaires. I won't bore you numbers again. It is an old story. As a matter of fact...remember my NBA Lockout Blog?  Seem familiar to this one?

I saw Alex O. at the meetings....I saw Sid the Kid at the meeting.....hmmmm, supporting their tough economic times perhaps? Here is a small (old) list......are these guys having financial times worthy of protest?

These are a couple of years old....but....you get the point.

In my opinion...if I was making that kind of money...every year.....I would say, let's play hockey!

Bugging me Number 2.
Teachers Strike

While we are on the strike front might as well bring this one up. No....maybe not....don't get me started on this one....I don't want to go to deep on this, i might say something I will regret..... but....enough already. School is starting.


Bugging me number 3!
Baseball players.

Melky Cabrera has just been suspended for 50 game in Major League Baseball. He had been using a performance enhancing drug. Did this drug work? Let's think for a second.
Cabrera had been experiencing a great contract year with the Giants after an off season trade from Kansas City. He currently leads the league with 159 hits and holds a .346/.390/.516 line with 11 homers and 60 RBI for San Francisco.
Leads the league!! - you read that right.....turns out he had help.....drugs. He got caught....his punishment? - 50 games, if his team makes the playoffs,he can still play.
This bugs me. A lot. Drug use in MLB has been an ongoing battle....and continues to be. Some say that the new drug testing is working...I guess it it. The punishment, does not seem to deter though, Cabrera will be back. He will play again...and he will still be a millionaire.....that is not right.
You want to stop it? How about this. You get caught...you are gone. For Life. (try that on).
...or...like I heard one guy say the other day...have an all drug league....pitchers throwing the ball at 120 mph and hitters hitting the ball out of the stadium, on a regular basis. Hmmm, interesting. Think about that for your favorite sport.
(no thanks - not for me)

........to finish this off......some random things bugging me this very minute.....
  • Toronto Blue Jays.....damn, what happened?
  • Toronto FC - Brutal
  • Toronto Maple Leafs - did we do anything to get better this summer?
  • Oakville Seniors Masters Lacrosse team (ranked 11/12) - that bugs me.
I feel better now. I got those things off my chest.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mike. I enjoyed that venting tonight and share many of the frustrations as these bug me too. However, I must admit that for the first time, being involved in the Teacher debate has caused a wrankle with your comments. After reading more from both sides of the issue than I care to, I must say that Teachers have not voted or even talked about going on strike. It's amazing what the public's perception is.The Government has ordered Teachers to accept a deal without bargaining some very important issues. Don't get me wrong, with teaching being my second career, I have the perspective of being more "realistic" and have a solid understanding of what the "real world" is like. I will not strike and deny a child their right to education. End of story.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mike, you need a Talk Radio show to rant on all the Talk Radio shows

    ReplyDelete
  3. if mike had a talk radio show -i'd listen

    ReplyDelete