passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lake Placid Day One - Injury update.

Lacrosse can be a tough sport. The toughest.

Patti and I and the Dimarcos, Cort and Sue and a few others from team Ontario have arrived in Lake Placid for the Lake Placid Classic Lacrosse tournament.

Within the first 5 minutes of arrival.....we had our first Lacrosse injury. We don't play our first game until tomorrow at 3pm......but the injury was definitely lacrosse related.

It was me.

I had finished unpacking the car, but for one item: My cooler of beer. I got the cooler out, excited to start discussing strategies for the weekend and shut the hatch firmly--on my head!

I wobbled...but hung tough. I realized there was a sense of pain, and then the blood began to flow.
My "team" quickly assessed things and decided I should make a trip to the medical clinic.

The nurse looked at me and said "Lacrosse"? and I said yes.....but then sheepishly told her, I don't play until tomorrow. Her next guess....? -And I am not kidding, she said, "you shut the hatch of your vehicle on your head"? I said yes, how did you know? - She said....."I have been doing this for a while."

Cora (my nurse) and the Doctor told us of their busy summer....rugby tournament, Ironman Triathlon, skating clubs, Lacrosse.....lots to do.

They fixed me up and were amazing. 6 stitches. (sorry Mom).

                                      Nurse Cora - me - and Doc. I look in agony....I was not. ha!

I am good to go. 3 pm tomorrow is game 1. I will let you know how we do.

From Lake Placid....talk to you soon.

p.s. Nurse Tristen - will you take my stitches out?

3 comments:

  1. good luck on the field - make warren get the beer next time
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. In any kind of injury, people can take help of injury lawyer to get many types of benefits like medical expenses form insurance company.

    injury lawyer milwaukee

    ReplyDelete
  3. In claiming for compensation from the injury sustained due to someone else's negligence, it is important that you can prove it to win it. Personal injury solicitors in liverpool offers a no win no fee agreement to their clients who are afraid of suing someone thinking that it'll be costly.

    ReplyDelete