passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, July 18, 2011

Preparing for Placid

The fun has begun. My buddies and I are getting ready for a filed lacrosse tournament to be held in Lake Placid. Our dates are August 4 - 7. This is a tremendous tournament in a gorgeous setting, well organized and a lot of fun.

http://www.lakeplacidlax.com/page/show/233783-home

We are representing Canada as Team Ontario and will be in the Grand Master's Division. I thought that was a nice way of putting it. When they were trying to name our division these were the options they had to choose from:
  • The Too Old to still be playing Division
  • The over 45 Division
  • The Grand Parents Division (yes some of our guys are Grandfathers)
  • The Grand Master's Division.
I think they made the right choice. We are playing in the Grand Master's Division. Sounds impressive.
We did play in this tourney 2 years ago and held our own, ending up with a 2 win and 2 loss record. We hope to improve on this record this year, we feel like we have a fairly competitive team. We have numerous former Team Canada players on our team. Bob Wasson, Stu Aird, Ted Sawicki (goalie), Joe Masterson, and Peter Follows. More importantly, it is a really nice bunch of guys...that have being playing this beautiful game for a very long time.

We had an exhibition game against a Metro Police team last week....they are a little younger than us, and we have played them before...we looked solid in the first half, but...guess what?? - we ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. I am not really sure of the end score....but for this article, we will call it a draw, 8 - 8.

We need to get in shape. That is difficult...speaking for myself of course. Our Leader Warren has sent a workout schedule out to the team, I misplaced it....but I thing I memorized it. I will definitely get going on it...tomorrow.

Next week I heard rumours we are playing a Midget Team form Oakville........these guys are young and in shape, can run forever and are good. I will let you know what happens. (HELP!)

In any case it should be a lot of fun.

Oh and by the way (and this is a secret) - We are preparing for the World Lacrosse Championships in Denver, Colorado to be held in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment