passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Time

Where does the time go. I can't figure it out.
Now I am not talking in the broader sense....like in life "were did the time go"?
 I am talking about in the now. Where did my time go today?

I don't even have my usual excuses either, like so many of you do. My oldest daughter lives in Toronto, she is no problem...my son just moved to Thunder Bay, so he definitely is not a problem and my youngest is in Calgary visiting her cousin. To top it all off, Patti is in Owen Sound, 2 hours away.

I am alone.....and i am out of time.....again! How is it possible?

Patti nicknamed me "the planner" because I really do like to look ahead and figure out how to fit it "ALL" in. I don't like to miss out on things, so I try to fit it all in.

What I try to do, is to always work backwards, figure out what time I have to leave and then try to fit everything in between the time I leave work and the time I have to leave. Sounds logical....but does not always work out. The thing is, you can focus on the now....what needs to be done
the next hour and so on, but there are the intangibles.

for example:
  • things I forgot to do yesterday (or even further back)
  • things I have to do, but don't want to do
  • people I am supposed to call, or better yet visit
  • lose some weight, start to work out more, read more etc.
  • looking further ahead to vacations and events that are coming
  • writing my blog
....the last one...my blogging, is actually helping a bit with my, organization....as I write I remember and as I remember I usually get it done.

Tonight for example.....I have a game at 9pm with MOB Lacrosse...I want to be there by 8:30 pm so I need to leave the house at 8:10 (I am not being anal....i am fine lining my plan is all).
I finish work at 5pm. So I have just over 3 hours.....I leave work to go and have a look at some tshirts for passitonsports.....and then home to do some laundry (overdue...supposed to do yesterday) - make something to eat (tonight a simple BLT) - ok that is done...but it is already 10 minutes to 7. I want to call Patti to say hi...and talk about the shirts....and I want to try to write a blog....so I am trying to both.

Shoot, hang on, forgot to throw the wash in the dryer.

I'm back....it is almost 7:30...I need to dishes, take the garbage out...and take the bird out for a "walk" or a fly in her case. *note* yes I have a bird....you heard that right...."Tweet Pea" - I call her Tweet and it is a long story...for another day. We have a special bond though. I let her out, she flies around, lands on my shoulder, and craps on me. Now you know why I do so much laundry.

....and I am out of time....gotta go.

2 comments:

  1. but you sometimes make me laugh.

    Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mike I know the feeling all too well. Sometimes you feel like you are running to stand still. Thank god my pet does not crap on my shoulder, he is a chocolate Lab named Scooby. My daughter Bonnie named him cause she loved Scooby- Doo when she was little, Oh ya and she is one of the reasons that I have no time.

    ReplyDelete