passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

53 year olds - now and then.

When my Dad was 53, I was 22. As far as Dad's go, I thought he was pretty cool. He was a very active parent, and he loved to golf. The thing I can't really remember clearly was, what else did 53 year olds do then? I didn't really listen to hi music. I didn't play organized sports with him.I feel like there has been a huge change over those 30 some years.

Here are some examples. When I was 22 I listened to rock music, played lacrosse, basketball, golf, and loved to fish.

Let's compare that to today - I am 53. - I listen to rock music, play lacrosse, basketball, golf and I love to fish. What does all this mean? - There might be a few theories.
  1. I never grew up
  2. My life is mundane and things never change
  3. I am in desperate need to hang on to my youth
or...
  1. I am part of an evolution of change, where I have learned that you don't need to stop doing things you like because of your age. An active lifestyle is good for you and sharing those activities with the people you care about is really the essence of life.
If there is only one thing I pass on to the younger generations is "life is like a lacrosse game". There are three periods, and to be successful, you need to work as hard in the third period as you do in the first two if you want to "win" the game.

Do you agree with this theory, I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment