passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Friday, June 24, 2011

Leborn, DWade, and Bosh.

i wrote this blog a couple of months ago. Funny how it turned out.

These guys are very wealthy twenty-somethings.I wonder if they fit into my twenty-something theory. They were all working, had really good jobs, making some decent money (enough to make ends meet) but were not really happy with their work environment. I will leave Dwayne Wade out of this for the moment, because he did stay with his employer. On the other hand, let's talk about LeBron James and Chris Bosh. What did they have in common? They both were working for "companies that were happy with their work. They both were millionaires. They were adored by their fans, and were the "go to" guys for their respective teams. So what was the problem then? The problem is, in my opinion, is that loyalty is no longer in the equation.
"I don't care about my employer, my fans, nobody but me. I want to win, and I don't care how I do it. I will give up my integrity to "buy" a championship. I have not got time to wait. I don't care about building something where I am, I want it right now!!"
This is one of my biggest pet peeves in sports today. It is a rare athlete that stays with a team from start to finish...and yes I am naive and a bit of a dreamer, but i love to see a team grow over time make the odd draft pick and trade and eventually make the playoffs and win a championship. I miss guys like Magic, Joe, Cal Ripken and Michael. Where is the next one. Maybe Dirk Nowitski....he is a loyal one team guy.
Makes me think, what will come first a loyal athlete, or a Leaf Stanley Cup...ok now I am getting off track.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that is why at 52 I am a loyal leaf fan!

    ReplyDelete