passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Playoffs (Revisited)

One Down - One to go. Did you watch the basketball? I did.

I loved it. I enjoyed the drama, the story lines, the hot and cold shooting - I loved it all. The right team won. Hardest working, "put in their time team won" the game.
The "Instant Championship" that Miami tried to manufacture, didn't happen. Why? - For me it comes down to respect. Simple. Dirk and Jason Kidd and Jason Terry and Shawn Marion had the opportunity to play basketball. And play they did. They respected their team and their opponent, right from the start. Also unsung heroes like Jose Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Tyson Chandler played their heart out. Why? They had no distractions (kind of).Can you tell I am getting to something? I am.

Miami made their bed, and then they had to sleep in it. Ok, I will get to my point. LeBron did his made for TV announcement that he was leaving Cleveland and going to Miami. The Big three were born, Wade, LeBron and Bosh. And they gave birth to a whole new group of people that did not like Miami. Suddenly, people hated Miami. Is that fair. Of course it is. The fans pay the salaries....they have a right to hate or love a team.
How does all this relate to last nights win? Simple. LeBron could not take the pressure of it all. I don't care what he says. He couldn't deal with it. Last night was a real eye opener for The Big Three. Do I think they will ever win? Yes. And sorry to say they might win a few...they are amazing, phenomenal athletes, but before that can happen, it is time to grow up boys. LeBron in particular needs to rebuild some bridges. If I was him? - I would hold a press conference and apologize to the Cleveland fans for they way that I left. I would admit that the TV show was wrong. I would say that I realize that to win at this level (at any level) - you need to do it as a team. A lot of you I am sure thinks that is a wimpy way to deal, but it is my opinion. Once he has done that, he can then go back to playing basketball, the game itself, and not the sideshow. (the little stunt by Dwade insinuating that Dirk was "faking" his illness??) - childish. Play the game boys. You were a sideshow, the media was in your face, every game...and you choked. Sorry. Congrats Dallas Mavericks.

Tonight. Cheering big time for Canucks....low scoring Vancouver 2 - Boston 1.

1 comment: