passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Playoffs

Wow - That is how I sum up the playoffs. Now for me I am talking NHL and NBA. I know most of you are hockey nuts, me too, but I love my round ball and the Miami - Dallas series has a lot of drama and story lines, just like the hockey.
First - NHL - I am Canadian. I am cheering for the Canucks, seems like a no brainer to me. For you long time Bruin fans, I of course make an exception, but for the casual fan? - if you are in Canada cheer for Vancouver. Besides, my Aunt Linda lives in downtown Vancouver, that alone is reason enough. It is a funny series. A homer series big time. You can drop all the cliches right about now, about winning the next game(or else) etc., but I think the Canucks might just win this now in Boston. Lesson Learned. They have to play more physical (early) in Boston...and Roberto needs to shut the door in the first period. They do this, and the Stanley Cup will be won on Monday night. Go Canuncks Go!

Second - NBA - Again - what a great series. Homer series again. Miami won 2 in Miami and Dallas then won 3 in Miami. So come Sunday night, Dallas has to chances to win the NBA title. It has been fun to watch. Who should you cheer for? Again seems like a no brainer. Of course it depends on your age I think. (See Twenty Something Blog coming soon) - but being Old School as previously mentioned it does seem simple. You decide.
Miami - a team that was put together (behind the scenes) as a "Super Team", a carefully calculated sideshow, even a Live television event to announce it, touting the "Big Three" as the Unstoppable force that will win championships for years to come, hoisting the big Trophy at the end of the year, over and over. - so you can choose Miami (I could have gone on longer)
Dallas - a hard working team, with an inspired exciting owner, with journeyman players that have paid their dues. Jason Kidd has worked his butt off his whole career, and Dirk Nowitzki. He has played his entire career with the Dallas Mavericks - say no more. He put in his time. He is loyal, hard working and flat out fun to watch. And to appease my brother Tippy I will add, Nowitzki has "earned his stripes". Go Mavericks!!
Enjoy a great Sunday (NBA) and Monday (NHL) of sports. It does not get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment