passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pro Lacrosse - Music

Lacrosse has gone through so many transitions over the year. I think we all agree on one thing if you love lacrosse, and that is we want our game to sell out arenas across North America. But all these face lifts just don't sit right with me.
Here is another item I would like you to ponder. Do you like music playing during the play at the lacrosse games?  I am a music lover, and old rock and roller from way back.
Should music be playing while the play is on? I am not saying here that it should not be, I would like your opinion.
For me? It is too much. I like to hear the game, while the game is playing. I like to hear the hits, hear the guys, and the coaches yelling out instructions, I  like to "hear" the guys running. Music between plays, etc. I can tolerate. I know the loud speaker guy is yelling to get the crowd going, but it wears on me. The problem is, as I have mentioned in earlier blogs, Lacrosse people are not filling lacrosse arenas...and Owners are trying anything to find "first time fans". So maybe the music works for "most" people.
Maybe I am getting old and miserable. Yikes. I hope that isn't it.
Let me know what you think. All ages, Lacrosse players and non players. I really want to know what you think. Is the music what you want?

2 comments:

  1. music should stop once play is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is lacrosse played on artificial turf indoors is too quiet. Hockey has the sounds of the game, skates stopping on ice, the puck off the stick, etc. Lacrosse on carpet indoors would be silent and during a one-sided game could be very boring for the newbie lacrosse fan. Real lacrosse was meant to be played on concrete with the squeaking of the shoes and the thud when a body hits the floor. Concrete can be painted these days for TV if that is an issue. I realize carpet might be the only viable solution right now but maybe one day the NLL will have NFL style money and lacrosse teams can build their own arenas!

    ReplyDelete