passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Monday, August 15, 2011

Thunder Bay (I like) - Pass it On.

I am back from the north......not sure now what I was doing.

 I mean I did go for a golf tournament with my son Stuart, but I feel like it was so much more. - Kind of a spy mission I guess to see how Stu and Tracy are doing....under the guise of a golf tournament. Let me explain.

First for the golf.

I am poised to conquer the course.


 
Quick Recap. We are at the Beautiful Fort William Golf and Country Club.
If you are in Thunder Bay and you like golf, GO! Great course, great conditions, great staff.



Mike and Stu

 


great view (I am talking about the escarpment)



Stu (on top of the world golf cart)

We are ready.




Stu is looking sharp early.


Day 1 - We meet Rusty and Rick, two Thunder Bay residents, great guys, and in the best ball format they easily beat Stu and I (Scoring 82 to our 89)


Day 2 - We meet Paul and Frank, two more local, really nice guys.....we had a great round, and did a lot of laughing. It was the scramble portion - We shot a 77 (not good enough in this format).


Day 3 -  Meet Chris and Jay....Viking fans no less....great guys, good golfers, they easily take Stu and I out in the alternate shot format.....(very tough btw) - We shot 92 (ouch).

The tourney ended Sunday. We did not do well (on the score card), but boy did we have a lot of laughs and met some quality people. (we did not win a prize...oh well)

Now on the other side of the visit....Tracy and Stu showed me some of what Thunder Bay has to offer.
We stopped by The Cascade Conservation area (5 minutes from their house)




Tracy and Stu at Cascades....great place to picnic,hang out. swim etc. Beautiful.


The Next day we went to Kakabeka Falls....30 minutes from their house.



Stu and Dad....Kakabeka Falls.


The awe-inspiring gorge.


I could go on and on.....it is an incredible place....we saw bear, we saw deer.....definitely I sign we are up NORTH!---But WOW!! It is a nice place. Everybody I met, solid people, Stu and Tracy treated me like a king.....The bottom line.......

....I think Stu and Tracy are doing just fine!!


Now for my next adventure.......


hmmmmmm.............






No comments:

Post a Comment