passitonsports.ca

passitonsports.ca
Your Feel Good Sports Story

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tiger is Back!

Tiger Woods is back.






 He is playing in this week's Pga event. The Bridgestone Invitational at the Firestone Country Club in Akron Ohio. He has won this event seven (7) times. Wow!

How do you feel about that. I think it is a bit odd really. Something just does not feel right during"this" comeback. Not sure why. Let's look at a couple of things.

  • last time Tiger played he played 9 holes....shot a 42 or something and complained about his leg and was gone. Was it legit? Probably, I really don't know for sure. I am skeptical. I have a feeling that there was more behind it. Take from a guy that has rebuilt his life once or twice...it takes a while. There is a lot of "stuff" to deal with.(please don't compare me with him)
  •  Tiger is best know for his focus. Better than his athleticism, his spectacular shot making, his killer instinct...he is nothing without focus. He has not had it for a long time.
  • He got rid of his caddy. His long time caddy (and friend) Steve Williams (12 years). I find it odd, but not totally shocking. His replacement (temporary) is of a "friend" - not really a caddy. weird.
  • He says he wants another shot at a major.The PGA Championship is around the corner. We'll see.
If you been following my blogs you know this. I love to watch the best of the best perform at a high level. Jordan, Gretzky, Montana...loved to watch them play. When Tiger is at his best, I am not sorry to say, I loved to watch him. Not sure if he is there yet. And unlike a lot of Tiger fans, I do like the players that are out there now. Rory, Adam Scott, Luke Donald, Ricky Fowler, Dustin Johnson...I like the tour, and it will survive without Tiger.

But I will say this...if he gets his focus back.....Watch out....and enjoy.


...I am off to Lake Placid....see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment